Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Mathematica and numlock

For some reason, I have been digging around forever trying to figure out why the backspace key didn't work in Mathematica when I would remotely log on to it. Finally I found out that it doesn't work when you start the Xserver with the numlock key enabled and does work when you start the server with it disabled! That is crazy. If anybody reads this, hopefully this will solve your problem with the backspace key not working. I am using cygwin and ssh to connect to a linux server running mathematica 5.2.

2 Comments:

At 5:38 PM, Blogger La Vida Deliciosa said...

I think you're right about the possibility of milk having gone down my kitten's windpipe. I was hand-feeding for a week and once or twice his meows sounded very milky afterwards.

It's my hope that this caused pneumonia (curable) and not a collaped lung (really really bad). He's on antibiotics and hopefully will survive and be happy/healthy! Intubating is fun - the vet showed me how to do it properly so I KNOW I'm getting into his STOMACH. We'll see what happens...thanks for your comment...

 
At 5:38 PM, Blogger La Vida Deliciosa said...

oops, that last one was from Catherine. for some reason it linked the comment to my super lame furniture-for-sale website. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home